Call for Submissions
Authors are invited to submit contributions for an edited volume on love and affection in games. This volume will be published by Taylor and Francis press in 2020 and edited by Lindsay Grace at the University of Miami School of Communication. Submissions should explore the challenges and opportunities in designing love and affection in games and play. The aim of this this book is to bring together leading researchers, artists, designers and developers in romance and affection games to explain the past, present and future of affection play in digital worlds. A wide variety of submission from academics and industry professionals is encouraged.
Authors are invited to submit work that explains or explores:
- Designing romance and/or affection in games
- The ethical and theoretical implications of such designs
- The politics of gender, race, culture, class and technology in affection play
- The success and failures of such work
- Case studies of affection in games and play
- Studies on play and affection
- Best practices in the use of affection in games
- Other topics as appropriate
Authors should consider the spectrum of affection across gender, age, and culture.
Please submit extended abstracts of no longer than 1000 words or complete drafts by
April 30th, 2019
References should be completed in Chicago Manual style (16th edition). If submitting a complete abstract, please complete the form with 1000 word or less extended abstract and attached the complete chapter by contacting ProfessorGrace at ProfessorGrace [dot] com. Questions may be addressed to the same address
Please email Lindsay Grace at the University of Miami (LGrace)